Students 6 years – Adult
30, 40 or 60-Minute Lessons
Learn beginning to intermediate piano technique and repertoire during individual lessons.
Books and Materials – Piano students will need to initially purchase a set of books (unless already using a series) and again as they progress to each new level. Students are also encouraged to bring songs of their own choice they would like to learn.
- have a keyboard at home for practice, preferably a piano.
- bring enthusiasm and energy to the keyboard during the lesson and at home during practice.
- use patience when learning new skills and ask questions during the lessons to help with understanding.
- practice at home 5 days a week between lessons: *10-15 minutes a day for Preparatory Levels; 20 minutes a day for Level 1A; and at least 25 minutes a day for Level 1B and higher. Students may break up practice time into segments of 5 to 10 minutes at a time to allow for greater concentration.
- keep the piano book out and open on the keyboard at home.
- choose opportunities to practice when they have a lot of energy and good concentration without interferences.
- sit nearby the youngest students during practice times to help him/her not feel isolated.
“Students of the arts continue to outperform their non-arts peers on the SAT, according to reports by the College Entrance Examination Board.” Source:The College Board, Profile of College-Bound Seniors National Report for 2006; http://www.collegeboard.com