Students 7 years – Adult
30, 40 or 60-Minute Lessons
Learn beginning to intermediate violin technique and repertoire.
Books and Materials – Violin students will need to initially purchase a set of books (unless already using a series) and again as they progress to each new level. Students are also encouraged to bring songs of their own choice that they would like to learn.
- – have a violin at home for practice.
- – bring enthusiasm and energy to the lesson and at home during practice.
- – use patience when learning new skills and ask questions during the lessons to help with understanding.
- – practice at home 5 days a week between lessons: *10-15 minutes a day for Preparatory Levels; 20 minutes a day for Level 1A; and at least 25 minutes a day for Level 1B and higher. Students may break up practice time into segments of 5 to 10 minutes at a time to allow for greater concentration.
- – keep the lesson books out and available for practice at home.
- – choose opportunities to practice when they have a lot of energy and good concentration without interferences.
- – sit nearby the youngest students during practice times to help him/her not feel isolated.